(i) Who To Contact About Your Personal Information
If you have any questions about our use of your Personal Information you can e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to SO-7-5, Menara 1, KL ECO City Jalan Bangsar 59200 Kuala Lumpur
(ii) Personal Information That We Collect
Depending on your relationship with us (for example, as a client-owner, client-purchaser, non client or potential client or other person relating to our business), Personal Information collected about you may include:-
- General identification and contact information
- Your name; address; property details, e-mail and telephone details; maintenance and sinking fund rates; building approvals; rental agreement and returns/and all relevant information pertaining to the sale/rental of your property(ies).
- Identification numbers issued by government bodies or agencies
- National Registration Identity card number; passport number; military/police identification number;
- Information enabling us to at present and in the future offer and provide properties and real estate services;
- Properties preferred and location
- Marketing preferences and customer feedback
- You may let us know your property preferences.
(iii) How We Use Personal Information
We use this Personal Information to:
- Communicate with you and others as part of our business.
- Send you important information regarding changes to our policies, other terms and conditions, the Site and other administrative information.
- Make decisions about whether to provide real estate services and services related thereto.
- Provide our real estate services to you.
- Carry out market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys.
- Provide marketing information to you (including information about other properties offered by selected third-party partners) in accordance with preferences you have expressed.
- Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing; finance and accounting; billing and collections; IT systems; data and website hosting; business continuity; and records, document and print management.
- Resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations such as those relating to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism; comply with legal process; and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence).
- Establish and defend legal rights; protect our operations or those of any of our group companies or real estate business partners, our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our group companies, you or others; and pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
(iv) Sharing of Personal Information
- Hectarworld may make Personal Information available to:
- Other Estate agents or agencies/negotiators, property developers, builders
- Third party suppliers:
- External third-party service providers, such as solicitors, accountants, valuers, bankers and other outside professional advisors;
- Governmental authorities and third parties involved in court action. Hectarworld may also share Personal Information with governmental or other public authorities (including, but not limited to, workers’ compensation boards, courts, law enforcement, tax authorities and criminal investigations agencies); and third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our group companies; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our group companies, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
- Other Third Parties
We may share Personal Information with purchasers and prospective purchasers or other parties in any actual or proposed reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other transaction relating to all or any portion of our business, assets or stock.
(v) Storage and Retention of Personal Information
Your Personal Information shall be stored either in hard copies in our offices or stored in servers located in Malaysia and operated by us or our service providers. Any Personal Information supplied by you will be retained by our organization as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes stated in paragraph (iii) above or is required to satisfy legal regulatory, accounting requirements or to protect our interests.
(vi) Access and Correction Requests, Questions and Concerns
We can assist you to access and correct your personal information held by us. Where you wish to have access to your personal information in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date, you may make a request by contacting us as set out in the “Who to Contact About Your Personal Information” paragraph (i) above. You should quote your name, address and phone/account number and provide brief details of the information you want a copy of in any such request.
We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information within 21 days of receiving your request.
Please note that we may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
(vii) Online Dealings With Hectarworld
We collect information about your use of the Site from cookies. Cookies are packets of information stored in your computer which assist your website navigation by customizing site information tailored to your needs. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you are concerned, you can set your computer either to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. However, rejection of cookies may affect your use of the Site as we will be unable to personalize aspects of your use of the Site.
Links to Third Party Websites
Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than Personal Information sent or posted to this Site, or any part of the this Site by visitors will be deemed voluntarily provided to us on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis.
We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely for reasons set out in paragraph (iii) above.